CAREERS IN PATHOLOGY, RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
There are a variety of opportunities for careers in a wide range of fields within medical science,with lifetime careers. Factors to consider include:
- education institutes and courses
- job opportunities
- personality / interest match with career choices
These factors are the same for any career decision, and the answers may occupy a lifetime.
It is important to study carefully the choices available before embarking on years of study, meet those in the field, and experience as much as possible to make decisions easy.
Keep informed of opportunities for meetings between industry and educational institutes in forums to be advertised on this website. Student members of ACMSR will be included in direct mailouts informing of such activities and are given priority where participant numbers are limited for ACMSR student events.
Places to start include:
- Australian Government Jobsearch website for career information and jobs statistics
- NSW Health Awards and Payrates for examples of work conditions
- O*NET American website occupational information Network provides comparative information